Thursday, March 26, 2009

HLSR 2009


Well we just finished a whirlwind four (very long

days) of heifer showing in Houston. Jen had a blast and seems to improve with leaps and bounds at every show. She did an amazing job with the heifer in the ring, but was disappointed that she did not place first. She placed second, which I was very happy with. I try to tell her she has only shown a heifer in four total shows. We have decided to hit a few of the TCCA shows during the rest of the school year and during the summer. She also will be participating in two big Junior Brahman shows in the end of June and the first of July. Those will both be in Bryan Tx. She and I were talked into entering her into the Princess competition during those shows. I was concerned she would not be the slightest bit enterested in that but she seems very excited and is wanting to get prepared for it. That kid amazes me every day. Now back to HLSR and off my little bunny trail. I have had several comments about the picture above from different people. ie... why do you look so happy, nice smile I have there and others along those lines. I have the same response to all. I blame it on the photographer. He seemed agitated to be taking our picture and like we were putting him out. Now mind you there was a Division Champion ahead of us that he probably took 15 or 20 pictures and was jumping through hoops to help those people. I guess a little girl's first time at Houston with a lowly second place did not warrant his full help and attention. But all in all the picture turned out decent I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment